Planning to attend? Parking & Navigating Campus information can be found here.
Join us for the Personal Digital Archiving annual conference in Houston, TX. Hosted by the University of Houston Libraries, the conference will consist of presentations, panel discussions, poster presentations, and hands-on workshops. A diverse selection of topics has been presented at previous conferences, including: presentations about family history projects and community photo preservation; best practices and discussion about library/archive management of born-digital items; community-based history and event archiving on social media; and so much more (see previous conference pages, below).
PDA is the only conference focused on the personal digital archive, including projects and presentations from both individuals and organizations. Personal Digital Archiving 2018 invites proposals on a variety of relevant topics, including:
- Examples of successful projects or learning experiences related to personal digital archives
- Why personal digital archives matter to individuals, communities, and organizations
- Distinctions between personal information management and the archive
- Key threats to personal digital archives, including cost, disaster, technology change, and social threats
- Applying selection criteria or other management tools for personal digital archives
- The digital archive during a person’s life and after death
- Management tools and techniques for personal digital archives
Who should attend?
- community organizations with oral histories or other local collections
- scholars, researchers, and graduate students in all related disciplines individuals preserving family archives
- activist groups, hobbyists, and tool developers that aim to preserve things digital
- information professionals such as archivists, librarians, and curators
For requests or questions, contact Melody Condron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking and Navigation
If you are staying in the Hilton on campus parking will be free in the Hilton garage. Parking in the Welcome Center garage costs $9 a day. Both garages are marked on the above map. If you are staying off-campus, you can use a car service (Lyft & Uber are both active in Houston), or you can take the Metro Rail to the UH South/University Oaks rail stop, marked on the map above.